Mother’s Day Brunch & Bourbon
blog | 5/7/2021
We all know that mothers are amazing and here at Four Roses, we believe they deserve more than just one day of recognition for all that they do. Spoil the moms in your life—whether it’s your mom, wife, mom-to-be, or yourself—by checking out our Four Roses inspired brunch menu shared with us by Chef Kimberly Brock Brown. We are excited to team up with Chef Kimberly, the first African American woman elected to the board of the American Culinary Federation (ACF), and we know serving up this brunch for mom will make for a weekend she’s sure to enjoy.
For an added bonus, you can pair the meal with our Bourbon Sunrise cocktail made with Four Roses Bourbon. Check out the recipes below and don’t forget to share your masterpieces with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Fluffy Pancakes with Bourbon Maple Syrup
- Combine all the dry ingredients. Combine all of the liquid ingredients.
- Mix the liquid to the dry. Whisk only to incorporate. Might be slightly lumpy. Rest the batter 15 minutes before cooking.
- On medium heat, in an oiled skillet or griddle, cook pancakes until nicely browned. Enjoy!
Bourbon Maple Syrup
1 dried Chipotle Pepper
3cups Four Roses Small Batch
2 cups Maple Syrup
1 Vanilla Bean, split
1 Star Anise
1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Add all of the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a slow simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Serve warm if you like. Any remainder can be containerized for later use.
Bourbon-Brown Sugar Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the slices of bacon down on the baking sheet, as many as will fit.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the bourbon evenly over the slices of bacon. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the bacon.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the bacon is dark brown and crispy. Using tongs, remove to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
A sweet, fresh and smooth way to say Good Morning.
2 oz Four Roses Bourbon
3/4 oz Fresh Orange Juice
1/2 oz Mango Juice
1/2 oz Clover Honey Simple Syrup
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
2 dashes Bitters
- Combine all into cocktail shaker with fresh ice. Shake and strain over fresh ice. Enjoy!