Our Recipes for Love
blog | 2/5/2021
As Valentine’s Day quickly approaches, we’ve partnered with Chef Matt Moore, author of The South’s Best Butt’s and Baker Danette Randall to build a special Four Roses inspired meal that you can make to celebrate your own love story. No matter when or who you plan to celebrate with, this meal is a great way to enjoy one another’s company as well as our award-winning Bourbon.
For an added bonus, you can pair the meal with our Hey, Honey cocktail made with Four Roses Small Batch. Check out the recipes below and don’t forget to share your masterpieces with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Beef Filet Stroganoff
Hands-On: 45 minutes | Total: 45 minutes
2 (5-ounce) Beef tenderloin filets mignon (1 1/2 inches thick)
1 tsp Kosher salt
3/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp Salted butter
8 oz Sliced fresh button mushrooms
1/4 cup Four Roses Bourbon
6 oz Dry red wine
5 tsp All-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups Beef stock
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/3 cup Sour cream
12 oz Uncooked Campanella pasta
2 tsp Chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the filets with 1 teaspoon of the salt and ½ teaspoon of the pepper.
- Preheat a cast iron pan on the stove top over medium-high heat, or until the pan just begins to smoke. Place the beef in the pan and sear, about 2 minutes per side. Carefully transfer the pan into the warm oven and cook until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of the beef registers 140°F, an additional 6 – 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain.
- While the beef rests, place another large skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add the butter and cook until melted. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Deglaze pan with Four Roses Bourbon and stir for 30 seconds.Add the wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Stir in the stock, mustard, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and let the mixture come to a boil. Boil, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and cover to keep warm.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Add the pasta to sauce in the skillet and toss to coat. Divide the pasta evenly among bowls. Top evenly with the sliced beef and sprinkle with the dill.
Chocolate Lava Cakes
6 oz Bittersweet, high quality chocolate (60% cacao or higher preferable)
1/2 cup Unsalted butter
1/2 tsp Instant espresso powder
1/4 cup Flour (all purpose)
1/2 cup Powdered sugar
1/8 tsp Salt
2 Large egg yolks
2 Large eggs
1 tbsp Four Roses Bourbon
Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spray four 6-ounce ramekins, if you are wanting to be festive you can use heart-shaped ramekins, with nonstick cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder. Place on baking sheet.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate, and butter. Place in a medium size saucepan, over low heat. Add in espresso powder. Stir until melted, and smooth. Take off heat.
- Sift the flour, powdered sugar, and salt into chocolate. Stir until smooth. Whisk the egg yolks, and eggs, until light yellow, and fluffy. Fold the eggs into the chocolate mixture. Slowly stir everything together using a rubber spatula or whisk, if you need to get out any lumps. Stir in Four Roses Bourbon.
- Divide chocolate batter evenly into prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes. Sides should look puffed, and solid. Center should look underdone.
- Cool for 1 minute, then cover each ramekin with a plate and turn over, (using a towel or oven mitt, ramekins are hot) The cakes should come right out.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or just the way it is.
NOTES: Ovens run different, so I suggest you check at 10 minutes. 11 to 12 is usually perfect. If you bake for too long, there will be no lava center, however, it will still be delicious. Garnish with raspberries, strawberries or mint if desired. ENJOY!
The classic whiskey sour with a fresh twist that’s sure to get your sweetheart’s attention.
2 fl oz Four Roses Small Batch
1 1/2 fl oz Honey Simple Syrup
1/2 fl oz Lemon Juice
5 drops Angostura Bitters
- Mix all ingredients. Serve and enjoy.